Privacy & Security
OUR COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
The Policy will always be listed on our website and we will update it periodically to ensure it is honest and comprehensive. If you have any questions about our Policy, please contact us as described in the section below entitled, "Contact Us."
We may collect personal information from you, such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number, or credit card number when you visit our Website, place an order online or by phone, save your information with us online, contact us with a question or concern, or participate in a contest, promotion, or survey. We also maintain a record of your product interests and the purchases you make online or by phone. We may combine all of this information with information about you that we acquire from our joint marketing partners and from unrelated third parties.
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To process and fulfill your order, including sending you emails to confirm your order status and shipment;
- To communicate with you and to send you information by email, postal mail, telephone, text message, or other means about our products, services, contests, and promotions, unless you have directed us not to contact you with promotional communications;
- To administer and fulfill our contests and other promotions;
- To help us learn more about your shopping preferences;
- To help us address problems with and improve our site design, products and services;
- To enhance your shopping experience through our Website or Catalog;
- To analyze trends and statistics;
- To protect the security or integrity of our Website and our business; and/or
- To contact you if necessary.
USING INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We use your contact information for analytical and marketing purposes, such as:
- We may share your information with our service providers who manage our customer information and perform services on our behalf, such as fulfilling promotions, sending communications to our customers, conducting surveys, etc. We do not authorize any of these service providers to make any other use or disclosure of your information.
- We may share your information when we team up with another company to jointly offer or provide products, services, contests, or promotions to our customers.
- From time to time we may share our postal mailing list with selected providers of goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive mailings from these providers, you can notify us at any time by contacting us by telephone, 800.788.1304 (toll free); email firstname.lastname@example.org; or by writing us at Mariposa, Attn: Customer Service, 5 Elm Street, Manchester-by-the-Sea, MA 01944.
- We may share your information to comply with laws or regulations or in response to a valid subpoena, order, or government request, or to protect the rights of Mariposa and others.
In the event of a sale or merger of Mariposa or any of our businesses, assets or brands, our customers' personal information and other information we have collected as described in this Policy may be among the transferred business assets.
OPTING OUT OF MARKETING; UPDATING AND DELETING INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
Mariposa wants to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. If you prefer not to receive promotional information, such as information about special offers and sales events, you can let us know by contacting us as described in the section below entitled, "Contact Us."
Please be sure to include your full name, email address, mailing address, and specifically what information you do not want to receive. If you would like to update or correct your email address, mailing address or other contact information with us please contact us the same way. If you like, you may use one of the following statements in your message to us:
- I prefer not to receive email advertisements, such as updates regarding products and services, special promotions or upcoming events.
- I prefer not to receive direct mail advertisements, such as periodic catalogs and mailings regarding products and services, special promotions or upcoming events.
- I prefer not to have my contact information provided to third parties for their marketing purposes.
You may also click the designated link at the bottom of all email advertisements to be removed from future email updates. Requests to remove or update your contact information may take up to 5 days for your email request and 6–8 weeks to process your postal mail request.
Please note that when you make an online purchase from us, we will continue to confirm your order status and shipment by email. We may also need to contact you via telephone, email or postal mail with questions or information regarding your order.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
We use "cookies," which are small data files that are stored on your computer’s hard drive when you visit a website. Cookies enable you to shop on our Website and may be used in a variety of ways to enhance or personalize your online browsing and shopping experience. This information is also used to tailor our marketing and promotional efforts to suit the interests of our audience.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you the opportunity to decide whether or not to accept it. However, certain features of our Website may not work without cookies.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of information transmitted to us. To guard your information delivered to us electronically, our web sites use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). SSL encrypts your credit card number, name and address so only we are able to decode your information. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your contact information, to the extent permitted by law, we do not guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from our web sites, and you do so at your own risk.
We urge you to keep any password that you establish with us in a safe place and not to divulge it to anyone. Also remember to log off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit. This is to ensure that others cannot access your account, especially if you are sharing a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place.
We engage with customers on various social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. If you contact us on one of these platforms for customer service or otherwise, we may contact you via direct message. Those communications are governed by this policy as well as the policy of the relevant social media platform.
Mariposa is concerned about the privacy and safety of children when they use the Internet. We will never knowingly request or collect personal information online from anyone under the age of 13 without prior verifiable parental consent. Our Website is a general audience site and is not targeted to or intended for use by children. If you are a parent and believe we may have inadvertently collected such information from your child, please notify us immediately by sending an email to email@example.com or phoning us toll free at 800.788.1304.
The Barn (Attn: Privacy)
5 Elm Street
Manchester-by-the-Sea, MA 01944
800.788.1304 (toll free)
To opt out of our email list select the "update subscription preferences" or "unsubscribe from this list" option on the bottom of an email you’ve received or send us a message.